- ISC-Sulaimani Awarded Status of CIE Examination Center
- FMIS Students Recognized in Global Writing Competition
- ISC-Khalifa City Student is the Youngest U.A.E. Resident to Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro
- ISC-Muscat Student Represents his School at Math Olympiad
- Fairy Tale Comes to Life at SIS-Adma
- ISC-Choueifat Students Perform Popular Musical “Annie”
- Alumni & Shadow Teachers® Save the Day
- Sardam International School Students Visit AUK
- ISC-Lahore Makes a Difference in its Community
- Students Dress Up as Their Favorite Book Character at ISC-Amman
- SABIS® School El-Metn Welcomes GBC-Education Delegation
- ISC-Dubai Celebrates Cultural Day
- ISC-Doha Student Earns Highest Mark in Qatar on IGCSE Exam
- Students Promote SABIS® On-Demand Tutoring at ISC-Erbil
- ISC-Abu Dhabi Student Wins Big at International Gymnastics Meet
- ISC-Lahore Launches SABIS® E-Books
- Kalar International School Students Learn Valuable First Aid Skills
- So You Think You Can Teach Event at Sardam International School
- Students Learn about Road Safety at Zakho International School
- Students at SABIS® Network Schools in Kurdistan Excel on Cambridge KET
ISC-Muscat Student Represents his School at Math Olympiad
An 11th grader at the International School of Choueifat ─ Muscat in Oman was recently selected as one of only six students from Oman to compete in the Regional Math Olympiad in Saudi Arabia on April 2, 2017.
The Regional Math Olympiad is an annual event that brings together budding mathematicians from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the U.A.E. to compete and test their mathematical acumen. This year, the Olympiad will be held in Saudi Arabia.
In order to qualify for the Olympiad, ca. 30 students, Sultan Al-Habsi from ISC-Muscat among them, in grades 10 and 11 from different schools in Oman took a math exam on November 7, 2016. Based on results from the November 7 exam, Sultan and 23 other students were selected and given additional training. They received training sessions by teachers from the Ministry of Education in Oman and took a second exam on February 22, 2017. Six students, including Sultan, passed the February exam and qualified to represent Oman in the Regional Math Olympiad.
Sultan has been a student at ISC-Muscat since Kindergarten, and over the years he built a reputation for being a hard worker. He has been an active participant in SLO® throughout his time at ISC-Muscat and is currently the SLO® Head Prefect.
“At ISC-Muscat, I have been given a tool set of abilities on which to build my future, as well as the knowledge to expand and to better myself and my community. Through my education at ISC-Muscat, I have been able to flourish in my courses and schoolwork and have been offered opportunities I had never dreamt of,” said Sultan.
We wish Sultan best of luck in the Regional Olympiad!