SABIS Student Life Organization®
The SABIS Student Life Organization® (SLO®) is an integral part of the SABIS® Educational System™ and an important part of every school day. Emphasizing the acquisition of "life skills" through real-life experiences, the SABIS Student Life Organization® is a student-led society that empowers students to hold responsibility for many aspects of school life.
While providing opportunities for emotional, social, and moral growth, the SABIS Student Life Organization® helps students develop their academic, managerial, organizational, and leadership skills in a variety of academic and non-academic activities. These include peer tutoring, planning athletic activities and social events, organizing community service projects, and being involved in the school newspaper and school yearbook.
Through the SABIS Student Life Organization®, students learn to:
- Promote high social, ethical, and moral values
- Become active and constructive members of a community
- Develop academic, managerial, organizational, and leadership skills
- Acquire and refine the attitudes that give them an edge in college and throughout life
- Form circles of lasting friendship
- Get involved in a variety of student-led activities
Having demonstrated that they have a broad range of abilities and experiences and they can be effective and valuable team players, students become more likely candidates at top universities around the world.