- Competition Heats Up among SABIS® U.S. Public Charter Schools
- ISM Students Give Back to the Community
- Ashwicke Hall Students Win Second Place in Football Tournament
- CSB Wins 3rd Place in Football Tournament for International Schools
- MAIA Marching Band Wins First Place at Two State Band Competitions
- MAIA Receives Mayerson Academy Grant
- CSB Student Wins 2016 European DNA Day Essay Contest
- CSB Students Win First and Second Place at the International Schools Talent Show
- ISM students participate in “A Vous La Parole” Annual French Speaking Contest
- SICS Student Wins 2016 Ultimate Prom Contest
- Young LPCS Students Discover Joy of Reading
- SIS-Phoenix Celebrates International Night
- The Cambridge School of Bucharest Celebrates Victory at La Voie Royal Semi-Marathon
- ISF STUDENTS WIN BIG AT 2015 GISST SWIMMING TOURNAMENT
- MAIA Receives FLY Grant
- ISF Celebrates Diwali
- ISF Celebrates 20th Anniversary with 6th Annual Run-A-Thon
- SICS HOLDS SUCCESSFUL COLLEGE FAIR
- SPDI Delivers AQCs Role and Scope Workshop in Germany and Lebanon
Competition Heats Up among SABIS® U.S. Public Charter Schools
In October 2016, the SIS-Phoenix Director Will Henry, along with the school Student Life Coordinator, initiated an Accelerated Reader (AR®) competition among grade 4-8 students in SABIS® U.S. public charter schools.
The objective of the initiative was to promote reading, bring students together, and encourage students to read and learn the most words possible throughout the month. Upon completing each book, students took tests to check whether they had mastered the content. The level of excitement and enthusiasm was evident as students displayed their knowledge of vocabulary and language.
The winning schools by grade level for the month of October were:
For the month of November, the winning schools by grade level were:
“I think it’s really cool to know that we’re currently the top reading 5th graders in U.S. SABIS® Network!” - Abigail Lucero, 5th grade student at SIS-Phoenix
The competition extended over the months of October and November of 2016 and will continue throughout the months of January and February of 2017 with the final results posted in March.
To learn more about SABIS®, visit sabis.net.